The Holder of The Fishing Master, Fourth Class Certificate of Competency may act as Master on board a Fishing Vessel of not more than 100 gross tonnage engaged on a Near Coastal or Sheltered Waters Voyage and as Officer in Charge of the Watch of a Fishing Vessel of any tonnage engaged on Near Coastal and Sheltered Waters Voyages.
The Fishing Master, Fourth Class Certificate of Competency Candidate must be at least 18 years of age on the day on which they receive the Fishing Master, Fourth Class Certificate of Competency and:
- After having reached 16 years of age, acquire at least 12 months sea service performing deck duties on one or more vessels that are 6 metres or more in length; or
- 15 years of age, for at least 12 months sea service acquired on fishing vessels that are 6 metres or more in length.
Provide the following Certificates to the Examiner:
- Marine Emergency Duties with Respect to Basic Safety (MED A1) Training Certificate;
- GMDSS Radio Operator Certificate - Marine Commercial Training Certificate;
- Simulated Electronic Navigation, Limited Training Certificate; and
- Marine Advanced First Aid.
The Candidate must pass the following Examinations.
- Chartwork and Pilotage, Level 1;
- Ship Construction and Stability, Level 1;
- Navigation Safety, Level 1; and
- An oral examination on General Seamanship, after meeting all the requirements above.
View Courses in Program:Basic Safety (MED A1) Chartwork and Pilotage, Level 1GMDSS Restricted Operator Certificate - MC Marine Advanced First AidNavigation Safety, Level 1Oral Examination PreparationShip Construction and Stability, Level 1 Simulated Electronic Navigation - Limited