Marine Advanced First Aid (STCW 95)
This course covers material in the Transport Canada syllabus including a variety of topics from basic (such as cardiovascular and breathing emergencies, workplace-specific CPR, and prevention of disease transmission) to in-depth (such as sudden medical conditions, oxygen administration and injuries to the head and spine). The course meets STCW requirements.
Topics covered include:
- Apply immediate first aid in the event of an illness or accident on board a vessel.
- Describe and list the contents of a first aid kit.
- Describe and explain the structure of the human body and functions of the important parts and systems.
- Evaluate toxicology onboard a vessel.
- Provide assessment of casualty.
- Recognize the symptoms of spinal injury and provide suitable care.
- Recognize signs of burns, scalds, and effects of heat and cold and provide suitable care.
- Apply practical first-aid procedures for the assessment and treatment of fractures, dislocations and muscular injuries.
- Apply basic medical skill in the care of rescued persons.
- Describe the methods used to obtain radio medical advice.
- List medications carried on board.
- Apply the appropriate treatment for cardiac arrest, asphyxia, and drowning.
- Recognize contributory factors for psychological malfunctioning.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Tuition||Status|
|Ladysmith||May 29, 2023||June 02, 2023||$925||OPEN|
|Ladysmith||July 10, 2023||July 14, 2023||$925||OPEN|
|Surrey||Nov. 20, 2023||Nov. 24, 2023||$925||OPEN|
To register for just this course, please use the form below.
To register for multiple courses, continue to this page.