Western Maritime Institute is committed to enrolling students who meet all of our program admission criteria and who are likely to succeed in meeting their education and career goals.
1. The institution’s receptionist refers all inquiries to the admission team.
2. The admission representative speaks with the prospective student to discuss the program of interest. If the student is undecided about a program of study, the admission representative gives the prospective student information about courses that best meet their career goals so that the student can make a decision.
3. Once the student has decided on a program of study, the admission representative reviews the admission criteria for the program with the student to ensure that s/he meets all of the criteria.
4. The admission representative obtains evidence (e.g. transcript, proof of age, etc.) from the student that s/he meets all of the program’s admission criteria and places the evidence in the student file.
5. After receiving evidence that the prospective student meets all of the admission criteria, the admission representative prepare a Student Enrollment Contract and meets with the prospective student in person or on the telephone with out-of-district students, to review the policies that will affect the student during his/her completion of the program of study and to review the contract. The admissions representative will also discuss with the student, his/her educational goals and commitment to completing the program of study.
6. If, after understanding their rights and responsibilities, the prospective student wishes to sign the contract, the admissions representative makes arrangement for the student to sign the contract in person or online via Data Witness.
7. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.