Marine Advanced Fire Fighting
This practical firefighting course is for officers and senior ratings who will be in charge of a shipboard fire party. The course will provide participants with an understanding of the hazards associated with the marine environment; the prevention of shipboard incidents; rescue and abandonment, firefighting communication methods and practical firefighting organization and control. The course meets the requirements set out in Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code including 2010 Manila amendments.
Topics Covered include:
- firefighting procedures at sea and in port with emphasis on tactics and command
- Ventilation control, smoke extraction, control of fuel and electrical systems
- communication and coordination during firefighting operations
- strategies and tactics for controlling fires in various parts of the ship
- fire detection and fixed fire-extinguishing systems
- portable and mobile fire-extinguishing equipment, including appliances, pumps and rescue, salvage, life support, personal protective and communications equipment.
- assessing the cause of incidents involving fire
- firefighting involving dangerous goods and fire precautions and hazards associated with storing and handling materials.
Course Prerequisite: Student must be at least 16-years of age to enroll in this course.
Course Duration: 35 hours
Click here for course schedule and registration