This 8 weeks course is designed to provide new Canadian seafarer sailing on passenger vessels, workboats or fishing vessels on voyages in Canadian waters with the knowledge and skills to prevent shipboard incidents, prepare and respond effectively to onboard emergency situations or drills.
This course is approved by the Private Training Institution Branch of BC Ministry of Education.
- Understanding the hazards associated with the marine environment and their vessel.
- How to prevent shipboard incidents including fire.
- Knowledge necessary to raise, react to alarms and deal with emergencies.
- Provide assistance in fire and abandonment situations.
- Assist in their own survival and rescue.
Student must be at least 16 years of age to enroll in this course.