MED STCW Advanced Firefighting Course (Formerly MED C)
This practical firefighting course is for officers and senior ratings who will be in charge of a shipboard fire party. The course will provide participants with an understanding of the hazards associated with the marine environment; the prevention of shipboard incidents; rescue and abandonment, firefighting communication methods and practical firefighting organization and control. The course meets the requirements set out in Table A-VI/3 of the STCW Code including 2010 Manila amendments.
Topics Covered include:
- firefighting procedures at sea and in port with emphasis on tactics and command
- ventilation control, smoke extraction, control of fuel and electrical systems
- communication and coordination during firefighting operations
- strategies and tactics for controlling fires in various parts of the ship
- fire detection and fixed fire-extinguishing systems
- portable and mobile fire-extinguishing equipment, including appliances, pumps and rescue, salvage, life support, personal protective and communications equipment
- assessing the cause of incidents involving fire
- firefighting involving dangerous goods and fire precautions and hazards associated with storing and handling materials
- Student must be at least 16 years of age to enroll in this course.
- Student must have completed the MED STCW Basic Safety Training prior to registering for this course.
- Student must be clean-shaven for the practical firefighting portion of the course.
|Location||Start Date||End Date||Tuition||Status|
|Ladysmith||May 08, 2023||May 12, 2023||$1,850||FULL|
|Ladysmith||May 15, 2023||May 19, 2023||$1,850||OPEN|
|Ladysmith||Sep. 18, 2023||Sep. 22, 2023||$1,950||OPEN|
To register for just this course, please use the form below.
To register for multiple courses, continue to this page.