WMI continues to monitor the COVID-19 Situation
As we continue to see provincial restriction being slowly lifted and organizations opening doors under strict guidelines, WMI continues in its effort to ensure the safety of staff and student as we anticipate a return to school in September 2020.
We are looking at a New Norm when school resumes and as a result, we have taken steps in hopes of reducing physical contact both in classes and in high traffic areas around the school.
Amongst others, students should expect the following changes when classes resume; reduced classroom size, staggered start and break times, limited access to offices, closure of certain high traffic areas, etc.
We continue to monitor the situation and review the most up-to-date information and recommendations available through regional and provincial medical health authorities.
This unprecedented situation requires an unprecedented response and we look forward to a safe return to school in September.
Information for Students
A number of courses are now being offered online. Please visit the Online Learning Page for courses and schedules.
The 2020-2021 schedule is online for viewing, planning, and funding application purposes. Returning Students (students whose classes were canceled as a result of the COVID-19 situation) and New Students do have different registration dates. Please refer to the Course Registration page for updated information on the registration schedule for returning and new students.
For students whose classes were previously canceled and would like to request a refund, please send your Refund Request to email@example.com. Please note that refunds will be processed based on original mode of payment.
We invite you to frequently check our social media outlets and this portion of the website for updates.
Precautionary measures to avoid transmission of COVID-19 are similar to measures to prevent cold and flu. For questions related to self-isolation or COVID-19, please call 8-1-1
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds using soap and water.
- If a sink is not available, 60-90% alcohol-based hand rubs (hand sanitizer) can be used to clean hands if they are not visibly soiled. If they are visibly soiled, you can use an alcohol-based disposable hand wipe to remove the dirt and then use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Do not touch your face/eyes/mouth with unwashed hands.
- When you sneeze or cough, cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or the crease of your elbow, and then wash your hands.
- Stay home when you are ill.
- Avoid close contact with others.
- If you have any questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Health Agency of Canada’s COVID-19 telephone information line: Call 1.833.784.4397