WMI continues to monitor the COVID-19 Situation
Maintaining a safe learning environment and reducing the spread of COVID-19 is both an individual and a shared responsibility.
We are looking at a “New Norm” as school resumes and as a result, we have taken steps in reducing physical contact both in classes and in high traffic areas around the school.
Amongst others, the following measures are in place: Hand Sanitizers at every entrance and exit, students to have a face mask on when in the school building, temperature checks before being allowed on campus, traffic flow indicators in the hallways, a COVID-19 declaration form to be completed at the time of registration, etc.
We continue to monitor the situation and review the most up-to-date information and recommendations available through regional and provincial medical health authorities.
This unprecedented situation requires an unprecedented response and we look forward to a safe return to school.
Information for Students
A number of courses are now being offered online. Please visit the Online Learning Page for courses and schedules.
Before coming to School
Students should use the BC COVID-19 Symptom Self Assessment Tool before coming to campus.
Precautionary measures to avoid transmission of COVID-19 are similar to measures to prevent cold and flu. For questions related to self-isolation or COVID-19, please call 8-1-1
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds using soap and water.
- If a sink is not available, 60-90% alcohol-based hand rubs (hand sanitizer) can be used to clean hands if they are not visibly soiled. If they are visibly soiled, you can use an alcohol-based disposable hand wipe to remove the dirt and then use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Do not touch your face/eyes/mouth with unwashed hands.
- When you sneeze or cough, cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue or the crease of your elbow, and then wash your hands.
- Stay home when you are ill or have any symptoms
- Avoid close contact with others.
- If you have any questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Health Agency of Canada’s COVID-19 telephone information line: Call 1.833.784.4397